What’s Our Window Installation Process?
Your windows are a huge part of your home. Not only do they provide an essential function, they can make or break your curb appeal. While the decision to replace your windows is a big one, we’re here to make the process less intimidating. From the first call to the final install, Bell Brothers will be with you the whole way. Today we’re sharing our window installation process, from start to finish, so you know what to expect when you get new windows from Bell Brothers.
The Starting Process: Assessing Your Windows
The first step of the window installation process starts with you. No one else knows your home better than you do. Because of this we recommend doing an in-home assessment of your windows’ look and function.
- Start with a Visual Inspection – How do your windows look from inside and outside the home? Are they a little worn down or beat up? Are there any cracks in the frame or glass? Is there any discoloration between the glass panes? Do you feel a hot or cold breeze by your windows? Do you see signs of rot or mold?
- Are They Hard to Open? – If your windows are hard to open that’s a sure fire sign it’s time to replace them. While a little stickiness here and there isn’t bad, it shouldn’t take a large amount of force to open the window.
- Are Your Utility Bills Higher Than Normal? –A little fluctuation in your utility bills is normal, but are you seeing significantly higher numbers? One of the reasons for higher utility bills is that treated air is being lost through leaks faulty windows. When this happens, your HVAC system needs to work twice as hard to produce the same amount of treated air to maintain the desired temperature in your home.
- Do You See Condensation? – If you’re seeing condensation between the glass panes, it’s time for replacement. Condensation between the window’s panes means that the seal is broken and when that happens it cannot be repaired.
Schedule an In-Home Consultation
After you’ve conducted the initial at-home inspection, it’s time for an in-home consultation! One of our window experts will come to your home and take the time to learn about you, your home, and your needs and expectations. Your window specialist will evaluate your existing windows and help you choose the best windows that fit your needs. When it comes to window options, the sky is truly the limit. We have options to fit every home, every budget, and every vision.
Identify the Right Windows for Your Home
Just like snowflakes, all homes are unique. That’s why all of our windows are custom designed to perfectly fit each individual home. Just because your home currently has a specific style doesn’t mean you need to stick with it. When it comes to finding the right windows for your home, we have a small list of things to consider:
- What Would Fit Your Home’s Personality? – Is your home a specific style, or are you going an exact look? These are all things our window experts take into consideration when helping you choose the right windows.
- Look to Your Neighbors – We absolutely understand that no one wants a cookie cutter home, but if you’re lost and need inspiration, look at your neighbors’ homes. Do you want a style that fits in with the block? Or stands out from the crowd? Try to find other homes in your neighborhood that match your style or home age and see if you can find inspiration there.
- Identify Your Needs – While windows serve an aesthetic purpose, they also need to perform an important job. Do you live in a noisy neighborhood and need windows that are sound proofing? Does the sun beat in your home and you need windows with an extra layer of protection? These are important questions to consider when choosing the right windows for your home.
How the Bell Brothers Team Operates
When it comes to window installation, you want the best in the business. That’s why you can’t go wrong with Bell Brothers and our window installation process. When we install your windows, we go through a very specific process. Here is what to expect on installation day.
A team will arrive in the early morning, we like to get an early start so you can have your home back as soon as possible. Our team will put down tarps, drop cloths, plastic, or anything else to protect your home and keep the surrounding area safe. We proceed with theremoval of your old windows and as seamless as possible we install your new ones. The size of our crew depends on the size of the job. For homes with larger jobs, we will have teams working one, two, or three windows at a time: ensuring a quick turnaround. Once the install is complete you will finally have your brand new dream windows!
Want to Learn More? Call Bell Brothers!
Are you interested in seeing our window installation process for yourself? Then it’s time to give the experts at Bell Brothers a call! Dial the number at the top of the screen or click here to schedule an appointment online. Bell Brothers proudly serves our Sacramento, Vacaville, and Stockton communities. We also do more than windows, don’t forget to call us for all your home air and plumbing needs.