Don’t Delay Furnace and Heater Repair in Fairfield, CA
Bell Brothers is the go-to expert furnace and heater repair company in Fairfield, CA. We offer professional, timely service and maintenance for any furnace or heater problem. Get in touch with our No Surprise Guys today and we’ll be happy to come take a look at the furnace or heater in your Fairfield home. Call 916-226-9799 seven days a week. Or, check out our online scheduling tool HERE.
It’s can be tough to determine where Northern California really begins and ends. In my experience, when folks refer to Northern California, they aren’t referring to San Francisco, Oakland, or San Jose; those cities are typically considered the Bay Area. They also generally aren’t referring to the area north of Chico either because, frankly, there aren’t a lot of folks who live up there.
I tend to think that Northern California starts somewhere down around Stockton, extends up to Yuba City, and then spreads as far west as Fairfield. While there are a lot of microclimates within this vast area, Fairfield, at Northern California’s western edge, probably has the best weather in my opinion. The folks in Fairfield get to enjoy some of that warmer Bay Area air and it certainly doesn’t get as cool as up there as it does in places like Sacramento or Placerville.
Now, as an HVAC guy who services all these areas, I’ve noticed that this difference in climate often results in a tendency of folks to want to put off and delay furnace and heater repair in Fairfield, CA. Based on my experience, I have a one-word response to this: don’t.
Why Timely Heater and Furnace Repair Is Important in Fairfield
Even though you don’t rely on your furnaces and heaters in Fairfield quite to the extent we do in some of the colder parts of Northern California, it’s extremely important that you deal with any problems your furnace has in a timely manner. Trust me when I say that not having sufficient heat will be the least of your worries if you put repairs off.
Here are a few compelling reasons for why you shouldn’t delay furnace and heater repair—in Fairfield or anywhere:
- Small problems can escalate quickly: You’d be surprised at how quickly a small issue with your furnace can turn into something much bigger. A dirty, clogged filter, for instance, can result in a sluggish, strained, and loud furnace that doesn’t heat your home efficiently. If, however, you fail to change your filter or call in a pro to check things out, that clogged filter could quickly turn into a cracked heat exchanger, which can be a serious problem—not just for your furnace but for your health as well. A cracked heat exchanger can leak dangerous carbon monoxide gas into your home.
- Bigger problems cost more money: It stands to reason that small problems will cost less to repair. So if you call an HVAC pro as soon as you notice that something is out of whack with your furnace, there’s a better chance you’ll only need a small repair that won’t cost you as much. In general, the longer you wait, the bigger the bill you can expect. Plus, once your furnace is fixed, it will run much more efficiently, saving you money on your energy bill, too.
- Quick fixes equal a longer furnace lifespan: Furnaces can last you well over a decade if you maintain them properly and get minor issues fixed as they arise. Major issues, like those that can result when you ignore the little ones, can lead to permanent damage to your furnace or heater, which will significantly reduce its lifespan. Trust me when I say that you don’t want to fork out the cash for a new furnace or heater very often. Keeping your furnace in tip-top shape and calling in a pro to fix little problems is the most important thing you can do to prolong the lifespan of your furnace.
- Delaying furnace repair can be a safety risk: I already mentioned how failing to quickly fix a small issue with the filter could lead to dangerous gases leaking into your home. But, when you delay repair, you could also be putting yourself at risk of having a house fire. Dirty ducts and filters contain flammable dust and debris, and if your furnace has restricted airflow as a result of the clogging it could overheat and potentially ignite. Furnace fire safety is no joke, my friends!
Of course, spotting furnace problems can be tricky, so make sure to familiarize yourself with the warning signals that something is awry. I always tell people to keep their eyes, ears, and noses tuned in to their furnace every so often and pay attention to anything that is out of the ordinary.
Bell Brothers offers furnace and heater repair for Fairfield, CA homes, as well as regular furnace maintenance. Our experienced furnace and heater experts would be happy to give your HVAC system a little TLC anytime. Just call the No Surprise Guys at 916-226-9799. We’re available to offer our expert advice 7 days a week, or you can use our online scheduling tool HERE. The price we quote for your project is the price you’ll pay—guaranteed.
Furnace Repair and Maintenance Can Prevent HVAC Problems in Your Fairfield Home
While calling a furnace and heater professional as soon as you suspect your furnace has a problem is critical in keeping your Fairfield home safe and your bank account happy, a lot of little problems can actually be prevented with regular furnace maintenance. Think of it as getting a check-up for your furnace every fall before you turn it on for the winter.
Essentially, your furnace will get a thorough examination and cleaning of the parts that commonly malfunction, like the air filter, the fan, the pilot light, and the heat exchanger. This little bit of TLC is very effective in preventing further furnace problems from occurring, thus minimizing the chances you’ll need any repairs.
In addition to having this regular professional furnace maintenance done, there are a few things you can do yourself to ensure that your furnace keeps running smoothly and efficiently between check-ups:
- Change your filter every few months: This is probably the single most important DIY maintenance task you can do for your furnace. I recommend changing out your filter every two months or so. This will keep your furnace running as efficiently as possible and will prevent larger problems from occurring.
- Keep your furnace room clean: A dusty, cluttered furnace room isn’t good for the health of your furnace. Too much debris can clog up your filters, vents, and ducts, and put a strain on the entire system. Flammable objects, such as paper, should not be anywhere around your furnace either.
- Ensure vents and ducts are clear: Regularly cleaning your vents and ducts not only ensures that your furnace runs optimally, it’ll also help keep the air in your home clean. If you notice dust coming out of your registers, it’s time they got a little love. As a bonus, detecting and diagnosing problems will be easier for whoever services your furnace if your ducts and vents are clear because they can rule them out as being the cause of the issue.
While annual professional furnace or heater maintenance—and a little DIY work here and there—will likely prevent most furnace problems from occurring in the first place, if something seems a little off with your HVAC, make sure you call an experienced furnace professional immediately.
I know all you folks up in Fairfield don’t feel the chill like we do here in Sacramento, but that doesn’t mean you should neglect your furnace. After all, it’s more than just your comfort that’s at stake if you do—it’s your health, safety, and of course, your hard earned cash, too.
At Bell Brothers, we believe in the whole-home approach to energy efficiency, safety, and health. Our trained furnace and heater experts would not only be happy to give your furnace regular maintenance to make sure your HVAC is working efficiently, we’d also love to fix any problems with your furnace so that your home stays comfortable, healthy, and safe all year long. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Wondering how to finance a new furnace or maybe even new double pane, energy efficient windows? HERO is a unique financing option that helps California homeowners afford energy efficient upgrades to their home. Contact Bell Brothers, a HERO-approved contractor, to learn more. Our local HVAC, plumbing, and window specialists will walk you through the entire process, from applications to installation.
Image courtesy Unsplash user Mikhail Vasilyev